Monday, October 20, 2008

Steamer Clams

YUM. This is my little indulgence. It's not chocolate for me, but clams. YUMMMM. And whenever I make them, I have to FIGHT the kids off so I can eat some myself.

I went to the grocery store tonight and they had just got a batch of Manila clams in...so I HAD to get a couple pounds.
And they were soooooooooo good.
My VERY simple recipe is:
3-5lbs clams
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tbs oil
2 tbs butter
onions, garlic, parsley as needed
soak clams for a while (about an hour or so). in a pot, heat oil and butter until butter is melted. add garlic and onion and saute for a few minutes. add wine and cook for about 2 more minutes. add clams and parsley. cover and let steam for about 5-7 minutes. you were know that they are done when they are all opened. serve with warm french bread. YUM!

No comments: