Monday, August 17, 2009

Garage Sale Finds

well, actually it was a rummage sale at the church down the street. I just happened to be driving by on one of those rare occasions when I was by myself in the car! So I stopped in. They had the usual 'junk', but in the back I discovered this little treasure:

I used to have this same exact set when I was a kid! Can you believe that? They only wanted $5 for it, not bad in my opinion! I brought it home and Trev hasn't stopped playing with it. I packed it up and it's up on my shelf in my room for now. I don't want it to get ruined, but since the lady at the church told me that she had the set in her 'preschool' for the last 33 years I figured my kids can't do much damage to it. I also go the little schoolhouse (missing all the pieces though, I'm hoping I can find them eventually). They only wanted $.10 for the school since it was missing pieces (score!). I'm way excited. They don't make toys like they used to.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Awww, that was a deal!! I had one of those for my boys and I had the house with the people and dogs and the mini van. such cool stuff. You are right they don't make them like they used to. Hope Trev gets ALOT of good times out of that!!!

jennmom2000 said...

Thats adorable and a great deal!

Diana said...

oh my gosh! I had one of those too! Great score